6 December 2012

Continueity task filming and editing.

I did have to make some changes to my story board when filming.
The main difference is where person 1 and two are sat in relation to the table. we swapped it over when filming because the door was in a different place to where it was on the story board because I didn't know, at the time of doing the story board, where I was going to film it, because it didn't matter as long as there was chairs and a desk there. Also I removed the first line that person one speaks because I thought it was out of place.

There wasn't as much range of shots towards the end in the storyboard because I thought I hadn't included a match-on-action, and I wanted to show varying range so I added a handheld shot and far out shots mixed with a mid shot.

Looking back I realised that I filmed the shots in the order that they would happen rather than filming all the shots that are from the same angle, which is inefficient, but it helped me to know what shots I had done and which ones I haven't.

I also didn't have the continual pen tapping after they originally started, but I liked how it sounded like a ticking clock, and it echos the first draft of the script I wrote for this task, which sounded a lot more formal, as it is like the interviewee (the character who says no) is running out of time. Luckily this was easy to edit as it was almost the same gap between the two tracks when repeated and between two individual taps in the same track.

1 comment:

  1. Some nice deatil on what you could improve and what worked well. You need to add your film so we can see the result.
    Its good that you are staring to think about shooting order and how best to use your time.
    Make sure the shots you choose serve your film and you do not add more shots just for the sake of it. Remember you use your camera to tell a story not to show your audience you know different shots.

    ReplyDelete